12/7/11

Tending the Grand Dog !

   Say hello to the grand dog !  Yes this is Eddie and we are so lucky to tend him while his family is in Disneyland. This hardly seems fair.  No not the grand children, but we get the dog. This was just what I wanted for the next five days. Remember that I keep telling you to go out and enjoy life ? So I guess there is a lot to enjoy about a 10 year old Boston Terrier. I looked up the breed in the American Kennel Club to help me out here. It said that they are ranked 54th smartest dog breed out of  79.  I can hardly wait to put this to the test.  They were most popular during the late 20s. So with this new found knowledge I think I will make the best of it. So what the crap am I going to teach the grand dog ? As you can see from the first picture, he is stunning ! Well kinda stunning.
          So here's the plan, I'm going to teach this mutt to hunt shed antlers. I know what you are thinking .You can't teach an old dog new tricks. So the second picture is shed hunting 101. I put a nice 3 point deer antler out in the garden. I hope the neighbors didn't see me doing this. If they did it will be in their blog. Well so far so good. Eddie came over and smelled and checked it out really well.  I can do this and his family will be so proud of there little mutt. Remember 56th out of 79 . So with things going so well I thought I would introduce him to a nice 6 point bull elk shed . As you can see from the picture he is smelling it ,and totally checking this dude out. Yes I'm thinking to my self. This is so cool and who's the man now ? Just making a little lemonade out of this lemon. Life is good and you can make anything an adventure. You have to love the picture of him totally checking out the elk shed. I know I only have a few days to teach him to find them and "BRING "them to me. I guess a little explanation is in order. I love to hunt the antlers that deer, elk, and moose shed every year. People teach there dogs to help with this process. Their kean sense of smell to locate and find is incredible. Yes again 56th out of 79
     Well now the rest of the story.  Right after I took the picture of Eddie smelling and biting at the elk antler, yes you guessed it, he started peeing all over it ! Sorry I'm not showing the pix. Well so much for this little exercise. Maybe I will just stick to SIT and LAY. He ain't about to go fetch antlers. I want to trade  him for the grand kids. Hurry home family, Eddie misses you !   Have a great day . 

                      The Bear !!

     P.S. Thanks for following
   


2 comments:

Guys Vs. Wild said...

looks like a good shed hunting dog to me!

cmshort said...

Haha! That is great! And 56th is better than being 79th. Thanks for watching him, and trying to give the old dog a little adventure, but I don't think he will be able to bring anything back. Those antlers are bigger than he is!