12/21/11

Alfred Hitchcock The Birds !

    I know this will kind of date me but if you blow up today's photo it looks like the movie , The Birds. This was taken out side my back door this morning. I have never seen this many Starlings in my life !
    The Birds is a 1963 horror movie directed by Alfred Hitchcock based on  the 1950 short story by Daphine du Maurier. It depicts Bodega Bay California which is, suddenly and for unexplained reasons , attacked by violent birds. Some of you will remember the movie well.
     I noticed a few birds flying into the spring that is in the one corner of the pasture. Then they just started coming, and coming till there were thousands.  Seriously I have never witnessed this many birds at one time . I hurried in to get my camera. As soon as I opened the sliding door they all began to fly.  The picture doesn't tell the story as well as I wish . The other thing that was so impressive was the sound that they created. Watching them take off made my thankful cows don't fly ! Can you imagine ?
     Every day brings so many things to see and wonder about. Thanks for checking in and seeing what each new day brings. This blog has made me sit up and take notice of every day events that happen right under our feet. Wild Day in Utah Has made me thankful for each day.
      Get out there and enjoy !  Have a great day.  Thanks

                        The Bear !!!

No comments: