12/9/11

It Moose be Friday !

   Thank goodness it's Friday ! Had to scan the moose in because it was taken with my old N80 Nikon camera. You can see in the back ground another moose. There were actually 3 there. I came upon this bull courting a cow in heat. She also had a calf with her. I watched them bed down and then get up to feed several times. I began a stock in on them to get some pictures. The cow paid way more attention to me than the bull. When she would get up to feed the bull would jump up and not let her get only a few feet away. I got a little to close and she laid her ears back and gave me the warning sign that I was in her space. I know they can be kind of unpredictable during the breeding season so I back out and left well enough alone.
   You have to check the next picture out pretty good to see the bear. This sow had a yearling cub with her and was feeding on berries from some bushes. She came a little close for comfort . I did get some good pictures of them.  I am going to save them for another day. I want to tell you the story and then let my wife tell the story. She was with me and will probably not go chase bear again. You will like to hear both sides of the story. Although mine is the correct version. Hope she doesn't read this. Its kind of a sore spot that I like to rub in on occasion. Funny how we men just can't leave it alone some times. She is a trooper and has covered a few mountains with me.
      The last picture is of a bull we saw in the rut. As you can see we did find him and he did smell us ! I was able to get a few good shots and then he was gone. Can't wait to get back out and hit the mountains.
     Click on the photos to enlarge. Thanks for following me . Have a great weekend. I will see you on Monday.  Get out and enjoy the great out doors !

                    The Bear !!

No comments: