12/15/11

" Charlie Brown Aint Got Nothing On Me "

    Good Thursday morning.
   
     I had to highlight this little Dwarf Lemon tree. It has a story that has to be told . I was getting seeds this last spring to plant in the garden. I past this stand with all theses cool looking lemon trees. Yes this is Utah and not likely to be the lemon capitol of the world. We were up to about the 60 degree point by this time of year. I'm a sucker for plants.Against my wife's better judgment I bought a tree. All summer it grew new leaves and grew like crazy. Then about two months ago it started getting blossoms on every branch. There was a fragrance that smelled the house up . I would bring it in every night and take it out every morning. Then the lemons started to appear. then all the leaves started to curl and fall off. So this morning the last leaf fell off. All that is left are these three lemons. I trimmed the tree back and I hate to say it , but it reminds me of Charlie Browns Christmas tree. Guess I'm a bit of an optimist. The lemons take about 6 to 8 months to mature. My wife is buying lights today for the tree. She just has to rub in that she told me so. There will be follow up pictures as they continue to grow, or not !
I'm not throwing the towel in yet. Get those lights honey.

 This picture was last nights sunset on Timpanogos Mountain. The new snow and crisp air along with a touch of sunlight set it off perfect. This bit of sun light was just there for about 10 minutes. I love to catch the sunrise and sunset. It can come and go so fast that most people miss it every day.






The last picture is again of this buck. I think he has decided that I'm harmless. He gave me the opportunity to take a lot of shots. We still don't have enough snow to bring the wild life down the mountains. I can't wait to get out and find a little more Wild Day Utah shots. Thanks for checking in . Have a great day . Enjoy all that is around you.
 Click on the pictures and enlarge them . Thanks !
                 
  The Bear !!

P.S.  Please Click on and become a follower !