12/27/11

Mirror Lake Scenic Byway


  Good day Utah !

   I fired up the Harley yesterday and took a short ride. Did I say short ? The sun was shinning and it felt so good. Well it was just a little colder than I thought it was. The hog barely turned over, which should have been my first clue. Of course it didn't sink in that it was really December 26th, until I was about two miles down the road. I dressed with my leathers . I  knew that I would be  fine. You know that feeling you get when eating ice cream to fast, and you get a headache? Well that was the way my face and head felt with just my sun glasses on. Did I mention that it was 27 degrees out side ?  Ya ,Ya I know, but it felt so nice before I left . If my mother were hear she would have kicked my butt ! Well, it was a slow drive back to the house. All in all it was a great short ride. I love to hear the Harley purr. Just to get out for a few minuets was amazing. It made me more anxious for spring to get hear soon.
     The pictures were from a ride that my wife and I took up Mirror Highway in the Uinta National Forest. 42 miles of some of the best bike ridding in the country. You can start the ride in a T shirt in the valley, and end up with leathers on at the top. The highway starts from about 7,000 feet and climbs to nearly 12,000 feet. The High Uintas Wilderness was established by congress in 1984. It includes 460,000 acres and is the largest wilderness area in Utah. There are over 1,000 natural lakes and  more than 500 of them  support populations of game fish. There are over 400 miles of streams. It you enjoy Wild Utah then this is a must go see. I can't wait to get back in the mountains again. Hope this will give you a taste of what you can see. There is so much to see and do there. It would take a life time to explore all that is there.
    So once again, get out and see all we have in this beautiful state !

     You have to check in  to my blog tomorrow. I'm going to have a true Bear story. I hope my wife will cooperate with me. I want to tell the," Real Story" and I am hoping she will tell her side of the story. She was with me when I took the pictures. Funny' we really don't tell the same story. Let it be known that my version is the correct one :) This is a must come back and read story !  Have a great Tuesday .  Please check in tomorrow and don't miss this one.

                               The Bear !!!!!

4 comments:

The mom said...

Man babe we got to get out there again on the Harley....I would rather sell our cars than the HARLEY...

wild day in utah said...

Me to ! Soon :)

Guys Vs. Wild said...

Looks like good hiking grounds to me. Let's do a uinta hike this spring!

wild day in utah said...

We will do a hike for sure