2/24/12

Who Said The Hens Arn't Pretty ??

The only thing this Green head hen is worrying about on a cold winter day was her bill.

Funny that's all I worry about to



     I cant believe it is almost spring. Looking through my pictures this morning and these Mallard ducks from this winter made me take a second look. It's amazing how close in color the Mallard hen is and the hen Ring Neck Pheasant. They are almost identical. This little hen was floating on the water.  All that she was protecting was her bill. Feet in the water and sitting in the water didn't seem to bother her at all. Go figure. The color pattern on the hen is pretty cool. They blend into there environment  exceptionally well. I will have to say though, the drake like the rooster pheasant are very colorful. When the sun hits them they explode with color. The exactness and color placement is fascinating to me. I love to take closeups of them and see the intricate color patterns. Click on each on and see for yourself.  
     I hope you have a great weekend and get out and enjoy !    Thanks for following :)


                                                                           The Bear !!

No comments: