2/21/12

Living On The Edge !!



                     Good Day Wild Utah  !!!

     I guess you can tell I'm getting a little excited to get winter over. The shed season for elk is about here. I know I will be out there until I find a few to satisfy this passion. I've picked up a couple of deer antlers I will post soon. For some reason It's just not the same as picking up a ten pound elk antler. There are far fewer deer antlers to pick up.This year will be exceptionally hard with the mild winter. The deer have stayed further up the mountain. They haven't congregated like they usually do. I will feel fortunate to find just a few this year.
     The best part of shed hunting for me is bringing a nice elk shed antler home and placeing it in the front room of my house. My wife just gets so dang excited to add a new bone to small pile that is already there. I mean seriously is it that bad to have twenty or thirty elk sheds and about the same number of deer sheds in the front room ? It's not like I want the whole house to decorate, just the front room. I know it's every wifes dream to have a cougar, elk, bobcat, fish and a few antlers so the relief society sisters can have something to talk about ! Honey  I do all this just for you because I want you to be happy. I do let you decorate the rest of the house.
     It might be a good idea if my wife dosen't read my post today. For some unknown reason I don't think this is exactly what she was thinking about for her dream house. heaven knows I tried to decorate it right. Honey I will do my best to only add three or four antlers to the pile this year. Who's counting anyway. Thanks hun for being so understanding.

                                      I think I may be in trouble on this one !  Oooops !
 Have a great day !  Thanks for checking in.     The Bear !!

 Hope you will enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

The mom said...

Some how I never really had a choice did I honey? I'm gonna start charging for the neighborhood kids to come see!