2/15/12

New Snow Finally


                                    Good Day Wild Utah

     I couldn't resit taking a photo of these new born calves trying to figure out the new white stuff. My son and I were driving through Salt Creek Canyon in Juab county and they just caught my eye. We were as excited as the new calves were. It's a different kind of year.
     These little Red Angus calves were walking pretty carefully on the new fallen snow. I don't think they wanted to get their feet wet.There was about a foot of new snow. We hadn't seen that much all winter.It was actually fun to see them plod along in the snow heading to meet the rest of the heard. I took a little video thinking this may be the only new snow we see this year. Click on the clip and watch them. It doesn't take a lot to get me to stop and take a few pictures. Some days just shooting some thing like this makes me feel better. It put a smile on my face. Simple things are pretty cool when you stop and watch them. These moms were taking good care of there babies. They would not let them get only a few feet away from them. That connection is incredibly strong as soon as they hit the ground and are born. From the smell and sound of their bawl the mother can pick them out of a heard. Cool to watch the connection.    Get out there and enjoy the day !
                                                                                                                        The Bear !!

No comments: