3/2/12

Sandhill Cranes Behind My house Today

 

                 How cool Is that in your back yard ?

     This pair of Sandhill Cranes have been coming into the field right behind my house for the past few days. I have seen them once in a while fly over the house. I see them standing in fields around in different areas. I have never seen that they have the red coloring on their head until I took the pictures. I have been taking pictures of them for the past few days and have watched them do some pretty crazy rituals with each other. At the bottom of the post there is a video to help explain . They seem just a little awkward to dance like that. Check it out !   There is a spring behind my house and they have found something to eat that keeps them coming back. I didn't think much about seeing them until I got close enough to really watch their behavior and see how unique they are. They really have some amazing color patterns.
     I haven't done my blog for a few days. I'm trying to do a little schooling. I will get back on it soon !  Thanks to all those who follow the blog and have commented on the pictures. It gives me a reason to do the photography. I am amazed when I get out and really appreciate the wild life in Utah. I'm guilty of just flying by and not seeing what is right before our face. It continually gives me a reality check. Life is short and I don't want to miss anything. Thanks for the encouragement.
     Next time you see one of these tall poetic birds you will have a little better understanding of what they really are.   Have a great day !
                                                                       The Bear !!!


I put the wrong clip in ! So here is the real one :)   OOOOOPS !

1 comment:

The mom said...

You Rock photo man ! :)