2/17/12

Friday Cats !!!

Good Day Wild Utah !!


    
     What a great Friday morning. I got up and cooked scrambled eggs and cheese for the rest of the clan. All fired up to make this a great day. I have some of my children and their new baby coming to see us today. Now if I could just get a massage to help this old body. Hint,Hint !
     These pictures today are from a cat that we treed last year . It is the season in Utah to hunt and also to pursue cougar. I hunted last week but we had no success. I have been invited to tag along on a pursuit trip again in the morning. The only way to really appreciate the whole experence is to go on one of these forever hikes. I have left my truck early in the morning and walked through the snow for six or seven hours only to come up empty handed. Funny how just being out there and following a cougar is exciting even if you don't get to see one. Just seeing their track in the snow gets the blood pumping. Sorry for the pile of cougar pictures, but I know that most of you will never get a chance to be face to face with this awsume hunting machine ! They are not always looking like they want to tear your head off when you see them, but true to my nature I always seem to get just a little to close. My wife thinks some of my camera shoots are a bit over the edge. That is the adrenalin rush that keeps me going. This particular cat weighed about 170lbs. Not your average house cat. It never seems to cross my mind that he couild literally tear my head off. I have seen first hand the cougars handy work on several deer kills. Ya, and I pray that I will run into one. Hummmm ?  If I do you will have to suffer through more cougar photos.
     Get out and enjoy a Wild Day in Utah all weekend. Monday is a holiday for most people. So no excuses !!
                                       The Bear !!!!

3 comments:

Guys Vs. Wild said...

cool pix! Just so you know, cougars do not like humans.....

wild day in utah said...

Are you sure ? They always smile at me ! :)

The mom said...

Honey just don't bring any kitties home !