2/2/12

Seven and a Hind Quarter Bucks !


                                                             Good morning Wild Day Utah !!

     Another suppose to be storm seems to be fading away. Woke up this morning and expected to see some snow. Instead of snow it looks like I should be getting the garden ready for Zucchinis. Don't tell me you are not a squash fan. All that plowing, shoveling, raking, planting, watering, weeding and ultimately leaving on the neighbors porch step thing we do. Yes I will do it again this year because it is in my DNA. All that just because there was no snow. OK I got that off my chest.
     The pictures today are from ten days ago. It should have been of eight bachelor bucks. There are seven you can see and some how I cut the eighth one.  He was the biggest one to. Kinda like the fish that got away. I guess you will have to decide that one for yourself. There were several decent bucks in this group. They always look bigger going away from you. I only wish they could have about four more years to grow their hardware. With the new area hunting divisions this year the state wildlife management is hoping to improve the quality of the hunts. I tried to look at the new areas and thought I might have to retain a professional map reader to decipher the areas. Any time you can even find a four point buck its a good day. I really don't hunt much at all any more. I find that taking the trusty Nikon out is just as challenging and some times almost as rewarding. I haven't lost that excitement to go see wildlife. It drives my wife crazy when I sit there for hours and watch their every move. Thanks to a father and grandfather that is deeply ingrained in me. I only hope that my boys will keep the love for nature that has been given them.
    Get out there and enjoy this beautiful sun shinny day. Don't get caught getting only the back end of the big one ! Get all eight.           Have a great Thursday.

                                                             The Bear !!

3 comments:

Guys Vs. Wild said...

sweet bucks! Saying these are from ten years ago is another way of saying "I'm not telling you where these bucks really are".

wild day in utah said...

Ten day ago :)

The mom said...

Whats a quarter buck ?