2/14/12

What You Do When The Hunting Trip Goes Bad ???


                         Good Morning Wild Day Utah

     Well I missed posting a blog yesterday to go on a cougar hunt. The new snow gets all the dog boys out to go chase. They get up early with the new snow and search for cat tracks. They need them as fresh as they can find them so the scent is still in the track. When the sun hits the track it looses its scent. Time also makes it harder to track. You want to get on the track as soon as possible to have a chance to catch up with the cougar. Well as luck would have it we had no success and called it a day early. That happens a lot hunting cougar. I had hoped to tag along on a photo hunt. Next time :(
     I stopped at my fathers house to see him while I was down there. I could smell the bread baking. At least luck was on my side for fresh baked bread. Before my sweet mother past away three years ago my father wanted her to teach him how to make her superb bread. She baked his bread all her life and he was not going to eat store bought bread. He has become a Master Bread Maker. Nothing makes home so much like it used to be as bread in the oven !  Bless your heart dad. While there I had a bowl of his famous chicken soup with hot buttered bread. What a great stop.
     I had to show his handy work and a short video of the bread just out of the oven. Not a bad trade off for no cougar.  Life is good !  Have a great day !
                                                                                               The Bear !!!!
P.S .  Happy Valentines  Day
The mud on the truck is all I had to show for hunting :( 


No comments: