2/6/12

One for The Bucket List !!


                                                               Good Wild Day Utah !!

     Wow what some way nice weather. It's nice to start off Monday with a ton of sun. We may not have much snow but it is so nice out side. Saturday there were bikes all over town. There was a group of Harley's that passed me on the freeway at 70 miles per hour !  I guess I better not lie my wife knows I never go 70. She thinks I'm the slowest driver on the planet. Yes I'm the one you honk at going 61 on the freeway. I've never felt the need for speed. Now daring things that's an other story. I never have to slow down when I see that nice policeman, and I get there 5 minuets after you. Only bad thing was after I saw the bikers I went home, strapped on the leathers and went out to start the Harley. You guessed it . The battery was down to low and it wouldn't start. I will work on that today.
     So I decided to take a ride and go to point of the mountain in the afternoon Saturday. I didn't know if there would be enough wind later in the afternoon to watch the Para gliders or not. I talked with two of the four flyer's that were there. It made me want to check this one off my bucket list so bad. The wind finally started to pick up and all four of them were in flight. I booked a tandem flight for next week. It was a gorgeous day . Clear blue skies and just a little wind. If you have ever seen them flying at the point, you cant help but be intrigued. You need to navigate your way up there and go watch. It is such a quite peaceful flight that they take. I have to do this one . I've watched them for the past two years and this one one I am going to learn. What could be more wild in Utah than flying at the best location in the country for Paragliding. The thermal winds here are the the most predictable in the country. Flying is a dream. Can't wait to do it. Watch the video below and see how cool it is when he finally launches of into the sky. The freedom to navigate the air and fly as free as you can with just the wind is unbelievable.
     Utah has so many things to add to your bucket list. I'm not missing this one. Hope you get out and enjoy a beautiful day. See you tomorrow . Thanks for becoming a follower.      The Bear !!



No comments: