1/31/12

Last Time They used Ropes !!


Good Day Wild Utah !! 

Watching these climbers this weekend was worth one more look . This is one of those things that is not on my Utah bucket list. Watching him chip away at the ice, and ice chunks falling away made me think
 this guy is crazy.No one in his right mind would do this. OK maybe taking pictures of a Cougar from five feet is not that crazy right ? Well to each his own.

Last time I watched these guys they were using ropes. There were three guys up climbing in the ice with ropes and this lone climber with out any. I watched them before and they always had a safety rope. This time it was more interesting to watch this guy        methodically work his way up the ice. He would work on each step until he had just the right hold on the ice. He would hack at the ice and drive his hook in several times until he fell secure with the spot and then shift on to the next spot. Maybe just being old makes me feel like its out of my reach. Its cool how we all have such varied ways of enjoying the great outdoors. Every time I go anywhere in the outdoors I see people do so many things that I've never thought of.    Hope you have a great day in          
Wild Day Utah !!

No comments: