1/18/12

Bucks ! Bucks !



    Winter Bucks !!!

     Yesterday I was out in the hills all day trying to get a few pictures before all the storms come. I hope you will check in for the next week because there will be a bunch of Buck pictures posted. You will not want to miss these ! Under the threat of more snow I thought I better get out before I couldn't . The weather report said we will have several storms lined up to come our way. So far it's a bunch of nothing. 
      My wife went with me so she could pick me up after some of the long walks. Thanks honey you saved me miles. At 56 I'm looking for the easiest way to get what I'm looking for. A few years ago I think I could walk with any one . Funny how that has changed lately. How did this happen ? Well it still gets the blood pumping when I find wildlife to shoot. I think the top picture is a shooter buck. They are far and few between any more. It's a great day when you can get any of these bucks in your sights. This buck has great mass. When he would get close to the other bucks that were there his mass stood out. Two of his tines were broken on the ends. If you have ever picked up any deer antler sheds you know that they don't break very easy. It always amazes me to see both deer and elk that have broken off there main beams. That would have had to been some kind of crazy hard force. I watched these bucks for a few hours and did manage to get some great shots of them. I hope you will check in for the next while. It will not disappoint you. It is a real rush to even get to see a good buck. When you get good pictures you know you have been lucky. Along with luck I might add that there is a bit of hard work also. My legs are feeling the extra miles walked in the mountains yesterday. There is always something so awesome about being in the mountains. The second buck in the photo's is a great 3 by 4. He has a cheater on the one side. You will see in further pictures that he is a lot better buck than he looks in this shot. 
     Have a great Wednesday !  Please come back and check in with Wild Day Utah.  What an amazing state we live in . 


        P.S.  Click on the photo's to see them better                         The Bear !!

                       

2 comments:

Guys Vs. Wild said...

Wowzers! I missed out on this trip, look like some good ones. I know where you found these and I am not going to tell anyone, Cuz that is the "hunters common law". You can ask me, but I will just act dumb and tell you "I haven't seen anything" or "I've only found small bucks". Dang the "hunters common law"! It is a "If ya want em, you have to find em" hunters world out there. So, props to these pictures, cuz I know it took some hard work to find them. Good work Bear!

The mom said...

Hey I have to say ti was a good Day out there with you Babe! Sorry that I would rather watch you do all the work! LOL! Hunting for the animals! But Your so good at it! Love the Pictures though!