1/10/12

Finding His Winter Meal

    My wife invited me up to The Olive Garden to eat lunch today. We were meeting her daughters and grandchild there. Well I always tell you to have your camera ready . I did have mine with me . So I told my wife to go in and I was going to try and take a few pictures. Yes this is the same wife that I gave the roses to yesterday. It's a good thing I did. I always get just a little carried away when  I have my camera. It's just  the Olive Garden not that big of a deal if I'm a half hour late right ? Come on I have to follow and shoot. So you say well it's just a Sparrow Hawk. Have you ever watched a Sparrow Hawk stay stationary in flight ? He was doing this watching for his prey below. I watched him several times and he slowly led me away from the restaurant. The thought did come that maybe I should turn around and go join the the lunch party. Just a thought. Salad and soup could wait. I watched him land in a near by tree , so off I went. The coloring is so cool on these little hawks.
    After I snapped a few shots he flew off again. Just my lucky day he headed right back to the Olive Garden Restaurant. He landed on a light pole in the parking lot. I shot a few pictures and then hurried into see how much trouble I was in. I don't think I was missed !  See what just two dozen roses can do .

   The last picture I think shows that he has been here before. Maybe even in the exact spot. 
   
     The name of this picture is Hawk & Poop !

         Have a great day !   Thanks for checking in.

                               The Bear !!!!

1 comment:

The mom said...

Next time be on time for lunch !