1/24/12

Father & Son ????


                       Good Wild Day Utah  !!

     Good Tuesday morning . What a beautiful day it is out there this morning. It's all of 32 degrees out on the thermometer. The sun is shinning and the snow has left for at least one day. I'm sure the resorts are loving the new snow totals. From the sound of the road report it might be a good day to chill and let the roads clear. I'm not real good at the chill thing. I'm already thinking of heading up the mountain. The new snow has got my goat and I have to go play. You can't look at that picture from this morning out my window, and not want to go play in the new snow.
     The heading for today was Father & Son ? It is amazing how the smaller buck on the right could eventually grow to the same size as the buck on the left. They may, and probably do have the same gene pool. It may take five or six years for the young buck to reach this size. There is a good chance that he wont live that long. Hopefully he will go through the normal process of shedding his antlers this spring and start his new larger set of antlers. Pretty cool that with the longer days of light, and other factors the new antlers will start to grow and the old ones will fall off. It takes several years for a buck to mature and have antlers like the larger buck. Soon it will be the shed season. Then the hills become alive with antler hunters to claim their prize. I am guilty of the shed hunting disease. I wish I had a dime for every mile I have walked looking for antlers. Once you have watched a buck all winter and then are lucky enough to pick up his sheds you will be hooked for life. I hope you will get out and enjoy the day !  Hope you are liking the pictures. It gives me a good reason to share. 
                                            The Bear !!

2 comments:

Guys Vs. Wild said...

this photo of the bucks reminds me of what I feel like when I am hanging out with my dad....He is stronger, smarter and he poses better for pictures....Nice pix!

wild day in utah said...

Ha Ha I love it! I was just thinking this Dad was dealing with a teenage boy!!!! Too funny