1/5/12

January Geese ?

     Good day Utah !
   
     Can you believe this weather ? It's crazy how warm it is in Salt Lake City today. It feels like we should be golfing or hunting. I put on a light T shirt and it is plenty warm. This is going to be hard to handle if we ever get winter.
   I drove up to Salt Lake City today during lunch time to see my wife. After a great lunch I thought I would drive around and see if I could find any thing WILD .
   I drove past this flock of geese sitting on the lawn at some condominiums. Yes I know these are city geese. Alright you country boys don't get your hopes up. They have been taught where the fly boundaries are. I had to pull over and see if I could wake them up. It must be a hard winter for them just laying in the sun. As you can see from the picture there is a group in the water. If you look back at the mountains you can just see a little bit of snow. This is defiantly not the same winter we experienced last year. The photo looks more like September or October.

   The next shots are of the 200 or 300 that were just kicking back on what was once lawn. I think they have pretty well taken care of the grass. I had to walk right through them to get them to get up for a picture. I think they were just annoyed that I woke them up from their long winter day nap. These are Canadian Geese right ? So why don't get their little butts up in the air and fly north ? OK so I'm having a little trouble with city geese.  They are fun to see flying the skies of Salt Lake City. They make for some interesting photo's in January.  Hang in there with me. You never know what might show up in Semi Wild Utah..  Have a great day !
                                                                   The Bear !!!

No comments: