1/30/12

Turkeys in January !!!

          Good Morning Wild Day Utah !!!

     Looks like we are going to continue with the crazy winter weather. It is nice not to shovel snow. I took a couple days off to get out in the field last week. Some times you have to get away from every thing to really appreciate what you have. Thanks honey form supporting me always.

             My wife and daughter and I took a little ride up Provo Canyon. We decided to go up a road we had never seen. It paid off with some fun shots of these four Tom Turkeys. There was just a little sun and it made the colors stand out on them so cool. There was one older long beard and three younger ones. When we were driving down the road my daughter said , " Hey look some peacocks". She was close but, I haven't seen any peacocks that high in the mountains. We loved watching them feeding. I got out off the car on the opposite side of them and started taking pictures. They started getting a little nervous so I whistled at them to get them to look our way for a picture. They were working away from us. I told the girls to make a noise to see if they could get their attention. That was not a good idea. Their idea of a little noise and mine were not the same. City chicks :). Well if you play the little video clip you will hear that a little became a lot . Needless to say the turkeys decided to get out of Dodge. I think I told them to see if they could get them to look over here for a picture. So that literally is what they started yelling. If you turn up the volume you will hear them both really trying to help me out. If any of you gobbler hunters need help hunting your bird this spring ,I'm sure they would be glad to help you. I will know better next time. I was so lucky to have my calling crew with me.
    Well I hope you will enjoy the late January turkey pictures. Like always there is so much to get out and see in Wild Day Utah ! Thanks for checking in.

                       Have a great Monday !       The Bear  !!!!

No comments: