1/3/12

Summer in January

    This unbelievable weather is driving me crazy. 46 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It gives me the fever to go find the bulls. We should be experiencing getting up in the morning and shoveling snow. Maybe it will come soon. Now I'm spoiled and ready for spring.
     Today I had to pull out some elk pictures and get pumped up for the coming seasons. Just a few short months and the deer and elk will shed their antlers. We are lucky to have the quality of animals we have in this state. There are good bulls all over the state. Finding one of these shed antlers will get in your blood. Tomorrow I am going to post some pictures of elk sheds I have found. They are not all monsters ,but do represent hundreds of miles searching the mountains. So please come by and check the blog Wednesday.
     In the fall some of these great Utah bulls will come out and give us the chance to photograph them. I always feel like I have a close connection to the bull when I get a good picture. If you have ever tried to do this you know that things don't always go as planned. I have walked for miles ,and sat for hours only to catch a small glimpse as they sneak away. These are not the best pictures today , but am hoping they will get you feeling what I feel today. If the weather doesn't change soon I will be in the mountains.
     Get out and enjoy this weather while you can.  
                                        Have a great day !             The Bear !!

  P.S.  The bug was checking out my tripod !  He deserved a shot !

1 comment:

Guys Vs. Wild said...

Sweet pix, I say let's go find some critters! Since it feels like spring in January. Perfect camping weather!