5/10/12

The Sheep look a Little Rough


      I just took these pictures last weekend in Utah County. There were four ewes and this ram.  If you look at the ewe close you can tell she is getting close to lambing. The Rocky Mountain Big Horn is a cool looking sheep.  They are just starting to loose the winter coat. They look pretty rough but none the less well worth the find. I watched them for a while until the ram decided I was to close and moved on up in the rocks. Its kind of rare to see big horn sheep in Utah.  It is a once in a life time draw in Utah. The chance to hunt one will most likely never happen for most Utah hunters. Second best is to go find them and get some pictures.

        I hope I can find them again this summer when they have their slick summer coat on. It will be fun to follow them and see if lambs come soon. 

                                                                              Have a great weekend !          The Bear !!


No comments: