4/17/12

Spring !! Yes !!

Ive been waiting for spring to get here.This has been a weird shed hunting season. I haven't had much luck at all. With that said there has been some way cool biking days.   Along with several great walks in the mountains.  I always find some thing up there that interests me. Not sure what that mask I found was, but I am sure my wife did not want me to bring it home. My son was with me hunting elk sheds and all we found was this sweet bone and a few elk droppings to prove we had been there.   The top picture is up American Fork Canyon. My wife and I took a great afternoon drive on the Harley.  Yes that is the next best thing to walking in the mountains. The water was a beautiful turquoise blue color,with snow still on Timp. I know this will just be the beginning of many rides to come. I think the older I get the slower I walk and the more I really see. I remember walking with my grandfather and thinking he was slow. Funny how now I am starting to see what he would see. My only regret is that I didn't listen. I think we get so caught up in what we want to tell others that we miss the opportunity to learn and gain a new insight that they may see. I hope as you see some of the crazy pictures that I take, you will look just a little harder for the simple things. We are all in such a hurry that we don't take time to stop and smell the elk poop. OK maybe that one shouldn't be on the list.
            Have a great week !!                           The Bear !!!

2 comments:

cmshort said...

Hope your blog doesn't become some sort of Poop Diary! Haha. Fun posts

wild day in utah said...

Thanks Che ! I know you get it !